News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Depths of Deception.

Started by GameMaster, Mar 10, 2024, 01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GameMaster

Etali
Looting the corpses of the dead frogish-fishlike creatures finds you little more than the stink of the oil on their skin.  Their weapons are light and fragile, and what little leather they wear is torn and worn by the saltwater.  Aside from a few copper coins in one pouch and a brass coin worn as a necklace, there is nothing of any real value.

Kragar
Launching yourself into the rough air, you find that the fish are quite active on the surface, jumping in and around the area, being divebombed by the occassional bird.  Both fish and fowl are within the bounds ofyour mercy here, but nothing more significant close to the island.

The flight is also worth all the energy you've spent on it, for you feel something on the wind.  It's stronger than usual, and has the telltale scent of a storm brewing in the distance.

Phineas
Once inside, Ironclamp takes the moment to speak to you one-on-one.

"Listen, Phineas, about Tinkerdap..." he stops, unsure of what to say, but calling Bimble by his last name without a title speaks volumes.  "Listen, I've got orders, and one thing everyone knows about me is that I'm going to follow them for as long as I'm able to.  For as long as I can before something crosses a line.  You understand?  I have my duty, and it means a lot to mean.  Even when I don't agree with everything, I'm not a part of the Council, I don't get all the information they do to be able to judge things fairly."

What do you do?

Coyotemoon

After familiarizing myself with their sent I walk over to Ironclamp and Ms. Gearspark to thank them for the help.

Kragar

After seeing the storm brewing, I head back down to land by Phineas and inform those around about it.

Phineas

Speaking in low tones to Sgt Ironclamp.

"I understand, Sarge but I am familiar with Council proceedings from being there with my father. That's why my family has stayed out of city and national politics. While we support Lantan and have for centuries, we don't cowtow to Council pressure when it goes against common sense and consciousness. The Council has already received copies of all of my research, they are using this as an excuse to lock me away from my lab. The research that I am doing will benefit everyone in Lantan and they know this, I have kept nothing hidden from them."

"Are you aware that they already have all of my notes?"

<<sit down in a chair by the dining table, pour a mug, motion to a chair beside me>>

"Care for a mug, Sarge  ...  Kragar  ...  Etali?"